On this trip you can reach the archaeological complex of Choquequirao, considered as an Inca citadel of Machu Picchu's sister because of its importance and location. Going through several small towns such as Limatambo, which still retains vestiges of the Inca and colonial times; Cachora is the starting point of the trek and the towns of Chiquisca and Marampata, good places to camp. The residents of this area still maintain some customs and ancient traditions. Throughout this trek will appreciate Guardian Mountains, fertile valleys and the Apurimac Canyon and of course discover the cultural and historical value of Choquequirao. 4 days of intense adventure full of beautiful landscapes one after the other to stay in your memory.
Duration: 4D / 3N
Departure and arrival: Cusco
Early in the morning, we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and we go by bus to the town of San Pedro de Cachora (2800m), where you will have free time for breakfast. Here we find the rest of our travel team (cooks, porters and horses). Here we began the trek by an average of 7-8 hours.
On the road you can see a great diversity of landscapes belonging to different climates, such as the snowy Pedrayoc, diversity of flora and fauna embellish our journey. Then we come to the viewpoint of Capulichayoc, where we can observe the Apurimac canyon and from this point we will begin to descend until our camp in Chiqisca (1800m), where we camp tonight.
More informations about Cachora
After a good breakfast, we start our way for aproximatly 5 hours up to Choquequirao. Stop for lunch at Marcapata and then time to explore with your guide all the archeological site of Choquequirao "golden cradle", located at 1 500m hung on the Apurímac.
It covers over 8 hectares, where only one-third has been uncovered, the rest still under the lush vegetation typical of the area. Here we explore the three levels found, where we can appreciate houses, terraces, temples and overvieuws point from where with luck we can appreciate the flight of the Condor.
Camp in Marcapata.
- Transfer from Cusco - Cachora - Cusco
- Tourist Guide
- Assistant guide. (for group of 9 peoples or more.)
- Entrance tickets to Choquequirao.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners and various snacks to eat throughout the day.
- Cook. ( Vegetarian meal in option at no additional cost).
- Drinkable water.
- Double occupancy tents, mattress, dining tent, table and chairs.
- First aid kit
- 01 balon to oxygen
- Horses. (which carry the tents, food and cooking utensils)
- Breakfast the first day
- Lunch the last day
- Sleeping bag
- Personal expenses
- Original passport (and international student ISIC card if needed)
- Walking shoes
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Vest wool to keep warm, hat and gloves.
- Polo shirts
- Pants comfortable
- Hat for sun
- Sunscreen (recommended 35 proof)
- A Bottle of water or metal water container.
- Water (only for first day, then we will give you boiled cool water)
- Mosquito Repellent
- Toilet Affairs
- Medications personels
- Camera and film
- Lamps with extra batteries