Typical village, considered the birthplace of the rainbow sky by the Incas. Its assets: Inca ruins, colonial church, Sunday market and especially a beautiful view of the mountains.
Located thirty kilometers from Cusco and 3760 meters, there is the feast of the Virgin to 10 September.
The ruins of Chinchero are part of the visits included in the boleto touristico.
Things to do :
- Museum on the church square. Various objects of the Inca era and pottery rooms. Input: 7 NS.
- Weaving workshops: traditional dress Women are demonstrating the process raw wool sweaters hopes to be sold to the end.
- Ruins: A set of Inca terraces in front of the church with a beautiful mountain side.
- Church: baroque and colonial style in the sixteenth century.
- Artisans market: the most original and colorful Market.
CLIMATE AND ALTITUDE :
Climate: At about the same temperature all year with annual 15 degrees.
HOW TO GET THERE :
From Cusco, envrion 1h, 2/6 NS.
Since Urubamba, about 30 minutes.